Monday, April 4, 2011

Brutal National Championship

After having the worst bracket of all-time and losing all my final 4 teams during the first weekend I thought I was the embarrassment of the NCAA tournament... but clearly I was wrong. Butler... the team that ruined my chances on the third day of Madness by beating... then losing... then beating Pittsburgh all in 2 seconds... just played worse then my girlfriend's dance team in the National Championship game. They didn't score a point in the paint until the 6 minute mark... of the second half! Some late baskets improved their stats a smidge, but throughout the game I kept looking at numbers like 1-20 from 2 point range and 18 percent from the field! wow

Congrats to UCONN on an amazing postseason run through both the Big East and NCAA tournaments, and congrats to St John's for having beaten the the eventual National Champs by 17 points earlier this year! And how bout the Big East. Say what you want about how they performed as a whole throughout the tournament, but their 9th best regular season team just had 11 shining moments and won the championship. Just a wild ride and a crazy NCAA tournament.

Shout out to Joe A. for winning the 6th annual Matuszewski March Madness Pool. Well deserved my friend... Another shout out to the Rangers for waking up late in the second period and winning a wild game at the Garden. 2 games to go and we can have Playoff Basketball and Hockey in the Garden in the same year for what the first or maybe second time this MILLENNIUM! wow

No comments:

Post a Comment